Lemon-lime margarita. A classic margarita gets a double citrus punch by mixing equal parts lemon and lime for a refreshing and delicious drink to wash down any Mexican meal.
This margarita started it’s life as a classic lime margarita, but while I was making it I noticed some lemons in my fruit bowl that needed to be used, so I squeezed an equal amount of lemon juice to lime juice and I liked it. When it came to salting the rim the drink looked washed out (from a photographic stand point) so I grated lemon and lime zest into the salt and I what I got was a lovely decorative drink.
- 1 teaspoons salt
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 ounces clear tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 slices of lemon
- 2 slices of lime
- Pour salt onto a round plate and mix in the lemon and lime zest.
- Rub a wedge of lime or lemon around the rim of the glasses, then dip into the salt. Fill the glasses with ice. Set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the tequila, orange liqueur, lemon juice and lime juice.
- Shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour into the glasses.