Queso Fundido Skillet Nachos are perfect for any game day watching or just a really awesome snack. Perfect for feeding a crowd, these nachos are loaded with everyone’s favorites and more.
Game season is well and truly here. I just moved to the Scottsdale area of Phoenix Arizona and they are a fanantical sports city. Where I am not the biggest sports fan, I can appreciate the love of sports and the enthusiasm I can see and feel that this city has for it’s sports teams.
These Queso Fundido Skillet Nachos are so loaded, they can be served as a meal.
We also live closer to family, and when went over to their house last weekend, we brought over these skillet queso fundido nachos. I prepared them up to the stage they go into the oven, then heated them to melt the cheese when I got there. It was the hit of the day!
These nachos were gone in minutes and they all looked at me with hungry eyes looking for more! This recipe feeds about 8 people so it was lucky that there was just 4 of that day so we could have double helpings.
This dish is inspired by the ah-mazing Mexican dish queso fundido, which is a pan of melted cheese and chorizo (queso fundido translates to melted cheese) and since they are 2 of the toppings of these nachos, that is why I chose the name. It’s basically a marriage of queso fundido and ultimate nachos.
This is everything you want in a nachos. The perfect feast for game watching, this pan of goodness is perfect to feed a crowd. The really flavor comes from using chorizo, sautéed with onions for even extra flavor. When the cheese melts on the chips and the chorizo sticks to the cheese, then you get the flavors and textures from the other toppings, it’s a mouth watering bite, or 2, or 3.
If you’ve tried these Queso Fundido Skillet Nachos or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you liked it in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2- 11-ounce bags of tortilla chips
- 6 ounces Monterey jack cheese, grated, this is just a guideline, use more or less depending how cheesy you like them
- 6 ounces White cheddar cheese, grated, this is just a guideline, use more or less depending how cheesy you like them
- 1- 7-ounce can diced green chiles
- 6 ounces pickled jalapeños
- 1- 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- To a non-stick skillet add the chorizo and onion over medium heat and break up the chorizo while browning. Once browned and cooked, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle a layer ¼ of the chorizo, of both cheeses, green chiles, pickled jalapeños, beans, chopped tomato and cilantro. Repeat this layer.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with diced avocado.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 436 Saturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 91mg Sodium: 1305mg Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 24g