This post is sponsored by Produce Services of Los Angeles, all opinions are my own.
Root Vegetable Salad with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette is a hearty winter salad. Baby beets, watermelon radishes are roasted and served with an array fresh vegetables.
It’s a really good day when you get fresh, local produce delivered to your door. When I was contacted by Produce Services of Los Angeles to showcase their produce in a recipe, I jumped at the chance. An independent, family-owned company, PSLA focus on delivering unsurpassed quality products to Southern California chefs, restauranteurs, multi-unit operators, and purchasers and have been doing so for 30 years.
The variety of produce that arrived was second to none. Fresh arugula, baby beets, micro greens, cherry heirloom tomatoes, watermelon radish, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, edible orchids, buzz button edible flowers, goat cheese and pitaya dragonfruit smoothie packs that will be going in my smoothies.
I wanted to focus on the beets and the watermelon radishes and my first thought was to roast the beets and radishes and make a roasted root vegetable salad, that is perfect for winter. Beets are the best when roasted, as are the radishes. I simply wrapped them in foil, added a sprig of fresh rosemary to both so they would take on extra flavor while roasting.
The dressing needed to be light and simple to allow the freshness of the produce to shine through and not overpower them. This salad is no place for a heavy, creamy dressing. I love to use fresh lemon in salad dressing along with fresh herbs, tarragon and dill that work so well together. I enjoyed this salad as lunch, as well as a side salad for dinner with my homemade lasagna.
To learn more about Produce Services of Los Angeles, you can check-out their website www.pslainc.com.
If you’ve tried this Root Vegetable Salad with Lemon Herb Vinaigrette or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ black pepper or to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 12 baby beets, tops trimmed and cleaned
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 watermelon radish, sliced
- 12 ounces arugula
- 16 baby heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 ounces goat cheese, sliced or crumbled
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To a bowl, add the lemon juice, tarragon, dill, shallot, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- While whisking, drizzle the oil until well combined. Set aside.
- Wrap the beets in foil tightly with rosemary sprigs. Repeat this with the radishes. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to sit in the foil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the beets from the foil and peel using a paper towel. Set aside. Remove the radishes from the foil and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the arugula and toss with half of the salad dressing.
- Top the salad with the beets, radish, tomatoes, goat cheese and roasted pecans. Top with more salad dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 368mg Carbohydrates: 16g Protein: 8g