No matter how hard she tried, my mother could never get me to eat, well, not just brussels sprouts but any type of vegetable. That’s not that unusual for a any child, I suppose. But now that I’m an adult and I discovered roasting them, they are now my favorite vegetable. It’s amazing how that works out.
A perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Sunday dinner or anytime you cook a roast chicken, beef, or lamb. Which is how and when I like to serve them. They’re also delicious in salads, cold or warm.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the ends off the brussels sprouts and any outer leaves, then cut in half.
- Spread on a sheet pan or roasting pan and pour olive oil, add salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands until coated.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes until tender.