If you’ve tried this Halloween Pumpkin Spiced Applesauce Spider Cupcakes or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
Pork, Apple and Sage Meatloaf
Pork, apple and sage meatloaf has all the flavors of the season in one big package. Not only a very tasty meal, but makes great leftovers too.
- 2 large sweet apples 2 cups, cored, peeled and grated
- 2/3 cup bread 1 slice, lightly toasted then ground into breadcrumbs in the food processor
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 small yellow onion 3/4 cup, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves chopped
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Apple ketchup or any ketchup you prefer
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
Wrap the grated apples in a clean towel and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP SO YOU DON'T GET SOGGY MEATLOAF.
- To a mixing bowl add the breadcrumbs and milk, and leave for until all the milk is soaked, about 2 minutes.
After 2 minutes, to a large bowl add the ground pork, apples, onion, bread, oregano, sage, egg, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined.
Turn out onto the baking sheet and mold into a meatloaf shape, about 10 inches long and 5 inches wide. Top with apple ketchup.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until a thermometer when inserted into the center reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve with extra apple ketchup.