Pork and Cranberry Crostini
Pork and Cranberry Crostini. Tender roast pork tenderloin slices with sweet cranberry sauce and sage mustard mayo on crispy baguette slices. A VERY flavorful holiday appetizer.
This crostini recipe came about after making Sage Rubbed Pork Tenderloin. Being the holiday season, I was entertaining and how easy is adding sliced, already cooked pork to a piece of crusty bread and topping with cranberry sauce?
I’m going to be honest, I ate too many of these Pork and Cranberry Crostini when I made them. Well, it was lunch time and I’m thinking, if you’re going to overeat that’s the best time to do it.
The flavor combinations are so perfect. The herbaceousness of the pork, the creamy sage mustard mayo and the sweet cranberry all marry very well with the crispy baguette.
This appetizer could not be easier and it’s customizable. You can use any leftover meat, beef, chicken, turkey that you have in the fridge, or, you make this recipe from scratch. Simply rub a pork tenderloin with salt, lots of freshly ground black pepper and dried sage.
Roast for 15 to 20 minutes in a 475° F (246°C) oven until the internal temperature reaches no less than 145°F (62°C) for medium rare and allow to cool. Easy, right?
The crostini are perfect for holiday entertaining, last minute guests or a New Year’s Eve get together. Whatever your plans are this holiday, have a safe and happy one.
If you’ve made Pork & Cranberry Crostini or any other recipe leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Small pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 10 slices baguette
- Olive oil
- 10 pork tenderloin slices
- 1 cup (100 grams) cranberry sauce
- To a small bowl add the mayonnaise, mustard, sage, salt and pepper, mix well, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the bread slices onto a baking sheet, drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden and crispy. Allow to cool.
- To the cooled bread slices, spread a little mayonnaise add a slice of pork and top with cranberry.
Amount Per Serving Calories 391Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 62mgSodium 708mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 32g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.