Slow cooker rosemary chicken, sausage & mushrooms. Just add mashed potato because you will need something to soak up the delicious gravy.
This is the ultimate comfort food, well, it is for this meat and potatoes girl. Chicken thighs, sausage, mushrooms, rosemary, wine and carrots all getting cozy and cooking up in the slow cooker and making a delicious meal. Look at that gravy below!
This dish is so good, I made it twice in 1 week. Then I discovered a crack in my crockpot. Did I work it too hard? Anyway, I guarantee if you make this dish, it will become one of your favorite crockpot comfort meals. Don’t forget the mash.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken or turkey sausage
- 3 pounds bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- To a large skillet add 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion and cook until they start to brown.
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mushrooms and onions to a bowl.
- To the same pan, add the sausages and cook on medium heat until browned on all sides, they don't have to be cooked through.
- Remove and allow to cool until you can handle them to cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Add to the bowl of mushrooms and onions.
- Toss the chicken thighs in the flour, shake off any excess and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the 1 tablespoons of remaining oil to the pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken in batches and brown on each side.
- Arrange the half chicken thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with half of the mushroom, sausage mixture and half of the carrots. Repeat another layer of chicken, mushroom sausage mixture and carrots.
- Pour in the chicken stock, wine and add the bay leaves and in an even layer. The liquid does not have to cover the meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 425 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 130mg Sodium: 728mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 40g