Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken, Sausage & Mushrooms
Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken, Sausage & Mushrooms. Just add mashed potato because you will need something to soak up the delicious gravy.
This is the ultimate comfort food, well, it is for this meat and potatoes girl. Chicken thighs, sausage, mushrooms, rosemary, wine and carrots all getting cozy and cooking up in the crockpot and making a delicious meal. Look at that gravy below!
This Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken, Sausage & Mushrooms is so good, I made it twice in 1 week. Then I discovered a crack in my crockpot. Did I work it too hard? Anyway, I guarantee if you make this dish, it will become one of your favorite crockpot comfort meals.
Don’t forget the mash. I have some great mash recipes, from a creamy casserole, to creamy mashed potato and even a a method to use the microwave to make mash. See them all below along with other side dish options.
Side Dish Suggestions
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Green Beans with Shallots and Almonds
- Crockpot Orange, Honey and Herb Glazed Carrots
- Creamy Rosemary Cauliflower Mash
- Creamy Microwave Mashed Potatoes
If you’ve made this or any other recipe leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 3 pounds (1.3 kg) bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup (68 grams) all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1/3 cup (78 ml) low sodium chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (78 ml) dry white wine
- 1 pound (453 grams) chicken or turkey sausage
- 22 ounces (623 grams) brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Set slow cooker to low.
- Coat the thighs in flour, shake off excess.
- To a large skillet add 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. When the oil starts to ripple, add the thighs and brown a little on each side. Add the chicken stock and wine, move the chicken around to mix well with the liquids and simmer until the liquid starts to thicken. Transfer everything to the slow cooker along with the sausages.
- To the same pan, add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until they start to brown. Lower the heat to medium and stir in the carrots, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring. Transfer these vegetables to the slow cooker along with the bay leaves. Stir until all the ingredients are in an even layer. Put on the lid and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 257Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 80mgSodium 574mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 19g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.