Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken, Sausage & Mushrooms
Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken, Sausage & Mushrooms. Just add mashed potato because you will need something to soak up the delicious gravy.
This is the ultimate comfort food, well, it is for this meat and potatoes girl. Chicken thighs, sausage, mushrooms, rosemary, wine and carrots all getting cozy and cooking up in the crockpot and making a delicious meal. Look at that gravy below!
This Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken, Sausage & Mushrooms is so good, I made it twice in 1 week. Then I discovered a crack in my crockpot. Did I work it too hard? Anyway, I guarantee if you make this dish, it will become one of your favorite crockpot comfort meals.
Don’t forget the mash. I have some great mash recipes, from a creamy casserole, to creamy mashed potato and even a a method to use the microwave to make mash. See them all below along with other side dish options.
Side Dish Suggestions
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Green Beans with Shallots and Almonds
- Crockpot Orange, Honey and Herb Glazed Carrots
- Creamy Rosemary Cauliflower Mash
- Creamy Microwave Mashed Potatoes
If you’ve made this or any other recipe leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces (340 grams) portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces (283 grams) brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (453 grams) chicken or turkey sausage
- 3 pounds (1.3 kg) bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup (68 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (78 ml) low sodium chicken stock
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup (78 ml) dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- To a large skillet add 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until they start to brown. Lower the heat to medium and stir in the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.Transfer the mushrooms and onions to a bowl.
- To the same pan, add the sausages and cook on medium heat until browned on all sides, they don't have to be cooked through.Remove and allow to cool until you can handle them to cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Add to the bowl of mushrooms and onions.
- Toss the chicken thighs in the flour, shake off any excess and season with salt and pepper. Add the 1 tablespoons of remaining oil to the pan over medium heat. Add the chicken in batches and brown on each side.
- Arrange the half chicken thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with half of the mushroom, sausage mixture and half of the carrots. Repeat another layer of chicken, mushroom sausage mixture and carrots.
- Pour in the chicken stock, wine and add the bay leaves and in an even layer. The liquid does not have to cover the meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 257Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 80mgSodium 574mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 19g