A festive twist on a popular classic drink. Christmas Cosmopolitan is made with pomegranate juice, ginger beer (or ginger ale) for sweetness and, of course, vodka. This could be called a pomegranate ginger martini, but Christmas Cosmopolitan is a much more fun name.
Let’s talk about the vodka, I like Absolut Kurant with it’s black current flavor. It’s not sold everywhere, in fact, it’s hard to find but my local BevMo always has it. I like it on the rocks with a splash of cranberry and I think it works really well in this cosmo.
To make a festive garnish, I took fresh sprigs of rosemary and poked a hole through with a toothpick then carefully threaded them onto the leaves of the rosemary. Fun!
Just because this is a Christmas Cosmopolitan, it can be served all month long and is perfect for your New Years Eve party.
- 8 ounces Absolut Kurant vodka
- 4 ounces ginger beer or ale
- 4 ounces pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Fresh pomegranate seeds
- Fill a martini shaker with ice.
- Add all the ingredients and shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour into chilled martini glasses and garnish with rosemary sprigs.