How long does it take pomegranate panna cotta to set?
The panna cotta mix is poured into shot glasses and refrigerated for at least 2 hours. The pomegranate topping is poured on top of the set panna cotta then refrigerated for another 2 hours until set.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon good vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 packet gelatine
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- To a saucepan add the cream, orange juice and rind over medium heat.
- Add the sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Add the vanilla.
- To a small bowl, add the milk and sprinkle on the gelatin.
- Allow the gelatin to soften about 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk and gelatin into the cream until dissolved.
- Divide the mixture between glasses, tilted in a empty egg carton or muffin tin, refrigerate until set at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Meanwhile, add gelatin to pomegranate juice and allow to dissolve for 5 minutes in a measuring jug.
- Add to a saucepan with sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to cool slightly, pour back into measuring jug and pour over the set panna cotta.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 31mg Carbohydrates: 16g Protein: 2g