In keeping with the Spring-theme, I recently grilled vegetables to make a grilled vegetable pasta salad (recipe coming soon) and the perfect way to dress this salad was with the grilled lemon and basil vinaigrette. This dish is perfect of for a light dinner or a tasty lunch on-the-go.
- 4 large lemons cut in half
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup light olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill.
- Cut the lemons in half.
- Brush the lemon halves with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Lay the lemons onto the grill cut-side down for 8 minutes until browned.
- Remove the lemons and allow to cool.
- When the lemons are cool enough to handle, squeeze the lemons through a sieve into a bowl.
- To a food processor or blender add the lemon juice, zest, basil, parsley and salt.
- Blend then slowly drizzle the 3/4 cup olive oil into the blender while running.
- Taste for seasoning and add pepper to taste.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate.
The dressing should last for up to 5 days refrigerated.