If you’ve tried this Grilled Eggplant Rollatini or any other recipe on the blog, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 3 eggplants, slices lengthwise to yield 12 slices
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups homemade ricotta
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Freshly grated nutmeg, about 30 runs across a grater
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat an indoor grill pan or outdoor barbecue.
- Salt the eggplant slices and add to a colander to drain for 20 minutes.
- Dry the eggplant slices and brush with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill the eggplant slices for about 5 minutes per side until cooked with grill marks.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- To a mixing bowl add the ricotta, lemon zest, basil, parmesan and nutmeg.
- Lay the eggplant slices out on a work surface and add 6 tablespoons of ricotta mixture to the end closest to you.
- Roll the ricotta into the eggplant and secure with a toothpick.
- Serve warm with your favorite tomato sauce and top with more grated Parmesan.
Serving Size:3 rolls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 598mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 2g Protein: 16g