Grilled Chicken Skewers with Mustard Sauce
Food served on a stick is always a fun thing and these Grilled Chicken Skewers with Mustard are no exception. The chicken is marinated in a delicious mustard sauce, then served with (you guessed it) a mustard sauce for dipping. Yep, lot’s of mustard here!
Summer and all the grilling that comes with everyone’s favorite season is in now in full swing. Grilled Chicken Skewers with Mustard Sauce is one of my ‘oldie, but goodie’ recipes that I’ve recently updated with new pictures and a video and it is such an easy recipe, and oh so delicious, that you’ll be making it all season long.
Skewering food is one of the best ways to grill because the food cooks quickly. You can kabob just about any protein and vegetable and it’s fun to change-up the flavors by using some various International flavors. Here are a few of mine:
- Grilled Thai Chicken Kabob Skewers
- Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs
- Grilled Korean Beef Bulgogi Style Skewers
- Grilled Miso Shrimp
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken Kebabs
- Buffalo Rosemary Chicken Skewers
- Asian-Style Grilled Mushroom Skewers
Metal is best because if you don’t pre-soak the wood ones, the exposed ends can burn, plus, the metal ones are reusable.
Kabob grilling tips:
- Make sure your grill is clean so they don’t stick.
- Place the skewers across or diagonally, not in the same direction as the grates.
- Don’t try and use your hands to turn them. Use tongs and grab them in the center, not on the ends.
- Cut the meat and vegetables the same size so they all cook evenly.
Serving suggestion: You can add vegetables like bell pepper, onion and mushrooms in between the chicken.
A stove-top grill pan can be quite inexpensive. If you don’t have one, broiling in the oven is a good option.
If you’ve tried these Grilled Chicken Skewers with Mustard Sauce, leave a comment, or question below.