Dark Chocolate Espresso Mousse
This Dark Chocolate Espresso Mousse is creamy and chocolatey and the addition of the espresso powder that enhances the chocolate flavor even more.
If you’re looking for an easy, yet impressive dessert that looks and tastes like it could be served in a fine dining restaurant, then you’ve come to the right place.
I don’t make desserts to often, I actually do not have a sweet tooth, but when I do feel like enjoying a dessert, I don’t like one that is too sweet. I like fruit desserts and especially chocolate desserts. That’s why I really did enjoy eating this Dark Chocolate Espresso Mousse.
Total time from start to finish is about 22 minutes and what is great about this mousse is, whether you’re entertaining or just feeding the family, the mousse can be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
The presentation starts with white chocolate drizzled on the inside of the glass, a simple but very striking and elegant look. I used good quality dark chocolate that melts beautifully. I just add it to a ziptop bag, snip the end and you have an instant piping bag.
The dark chocolate is melted with the secret ingredient, instant espresso powder. Heavy cream is whipped with vanilla extract and gently folded into the melted chocolate. So there you have it, a decadent yet easy and impressive dessert.
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes:
- Whipped Cream Chocolate Éclairs
- Chocolate Mousse Cream Cheese Phyllo Dessert Cups
- Irish Chocolate Cake with Baileys Buttercream Frosting
If you’ve made this or any other recipe leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 6 ounces (150 grams) dark chocolate, 70%
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) heavy cream, cold
- 4 ounces (115 grams) white chocolate
- To a microwave safe bowl add the chocolate. Microwave on high in 20 second increments, stirring each time until melted. Stir in the espresso powder.
- Add the whipped cream to a stand mixer or mixing bowl using a hand whisk, beat until starts to thicken. Add the vanilla and melted chocolate, continue to beat until stiff. Set aside.
- Add the white chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 second increments, stirring each time until melted.
- Pour into a small ziptop bag and seal.
- Cut a tiny corner of the bag and drizzle onto the inside of glasses. Refrigerate for 2 minutes.
- Spoon in the mousse and refrigerate for 6 hours until set.
- Top with white and dark chocolate chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g