Chocolate Mousse Cream Cheese Phyllo Dessert Cups
You will be met with overwhelming excitement from friends and family when you serve these Chocolate Mousse Cream Cheese Phyllo Dessert Cups and they could not be easier to make.
No bake phyllo cups are filled with homemade chocolate mousse, topped with store bought cream cheese frosting and adorned with shaved chocolate.
Now that summer is here, it’s hard to find quick and easy desserts to make that don’t have you stuck in the kitchen over a hot stove or oven. Well look no further. I have the perfect solution and it’s a double whammy that takes a lot of help from the grocery store.
Chocolate Mousse and Cream Cheese Phyllo Dessert Cups are the ONLY no bake dessert you need for summer eating. They also travel well so you can take them to picnics, to the beach or just hanging poolside.
They’re also perfect for entertaining as they make for a lovely presentation and your guests will think you bought them at a fine bakery.
This is a dessert that the whole family with love. Making these cups can be half the fun of eating them by getting your kids involved to help.
Cream cheese and chocolate are a delicious pairing. The chocolate I used for this recipe is 70% dark which makes for a mousse that is not to sweet and offsets the sweet, creamy cream cheese pastry. If you’re not a dark chocolate fan, you can use milk chocolate.
These perfect 1-2 biters have it all going on. Crispiness from the phyllo cups that give way to a soft, pillowy chocolate mousse and you’re left with the creamy cream cheese finish. It will be hard for anyone to eat just one, so make sure you make at least 2 per person.
Chocolate Mousse and Cream Cheese Phyllo Dessert Cups Step by Step
Melt the chocolate in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl and allow to cool. Whip the heavy cream until stiff, then mix in the chocolate and transfer to a piping bag.
Now it’s time to assemble. Remove the phyllo cups from their package and line them up to be filled. Fill the cups halfway with mousse, then topped with cream cheese pastry and grate more chocolate over the tops.
Where do you find phyllo cups?
They can be found in the freezer section of grocery stores in the ice cream and dessert aisle.
Can I use puff pastry instead of phyllo?
Yes! Pre-made puff pastry shells are a great alternative. They can also be found in the freezer section of grocery stores.
What other filling options can I use other than chocolate?
If you’re armed with the pre-made phyllo cups and store bought frosting, your no bake dessert possibilities are endless. This is the perfect time of the year for fresh berries, make them tropical with fresh papaya and mango. Don’t forget sweet cherries at this time of year also.
If you’ve tried these Chocolate Mousse Cream Cheese Phyllo Dessert Cups or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 12 mini phyllo pastry shells
- 1 ounce (28 grams) dark chocolate, 70%, broken into pieces plus more for grating
- 1/4 cup heavy (59 ml) whipping cream, cold
- Store bought cream cheese frosting
- Remove the shells from their package and set aside.
- To a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate and microwave for 15 second increments, stirring until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To a stand mixer or bowl using a hand mixer, whip the heavy cream until you get soft peaks. Add the melted chocolate and whip until the chocolate and cream are well mixed.
- Transfer the chocolate mousse to a ziptop bag or piping bag and snip the corner. Pipe the mousse into each of the shells to fill half way.
- Add the cream cheese frosting to a ziptop bag and snip off the corner. Top each cup with the frosting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Carbohydrates: 18g