This Cucumber Gin Fizz Cocktail is a play on the classic gin fizz. With cucumber infused gin and a splash of soda, this is a perfectly refreshing drink for those summer barbecues, family gatherings or romantic evenings with the sunset.
I like to make my own infused spirits. Cucumber has such a refreshing taste it is perfect for this light drink. I poured gin into a sealable container. Added slices of cucumber, sealed the jar and let it sit at room temperature for about 4 days.
After 1 day the cucumber flavor starts to come through but the longer you leave the slices in there, the stronger the flavor. The gin will also start to turn green. So depending on how strong you want the flavor, how long you leave it is up to you.
A fun element to this drink, and to enhance the cucumber flavor, I made cucumber ice cubes. Use a small melon baller to scoop rounds from the cucumber and freeze them. Makes for a pretty garnish.
I also have a recipe for a Ginger Gin Fizz made with gin, lime juice, ginger ale and fresh mint, recipe link below.
If you’ve tried this Cucumber Gin Fizz Cocktail or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 4 ounces cucumber infused gin * see note for recipe
- 2 ounces triple sec
- Soda water
- 2 cucumber ice cubes ** see note
- 2 slices of cucumber for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add the cucumber infused gin and triple sec, shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Add a cucumber ice cube and top up with soda water.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber.
* Pour 4 ounces of gin into a sealable container. Add 4 slices of cucumber, seal and let sit at room temperature for up to 4 days.
** Using a mellon baller, scoop a round of cucumber and freeze.
Serving Size 1 drink
Amount Per Serving Calories 164Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 22mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 2g