Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms
Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms. A very tasty and authentic Spanish tapas dish that is quick and easy to make and got they eaten just as quickly, especially when paired with the perfect wines.
Food and wine pairing is a very specific art more than a science. Gone are the days of red wine with beef or white wine with fish. Why wouldn’t you want to have the best tasting experience you can while eating and drinking fine wine?
When entertaining, I love to serve food that pairs with wine. The wine not only bring out the flavors of the food, but also enhance the essence of the wine.
This recipe is an authentic Spanish tapas dish. Served alongside authentic Spanish meats, cheeses, crackers and olives my guests agreed with me as well!
Another delicious idea that pairs well with wine is sautéed mushrooms and rosemary bruschetta.
If you’ve tried these Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how they turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 ounces Spanish chorizo, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon manchego cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp towel and remove the stems. Set aside.
- Add the chorizo and mushroom stems to a food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- To a sauté pan add the oil over medium heat.
- Add the chorizo and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rosemary and stir.
- Add the wine and mix well. Cook until the wine evaporates completely.
- To a mixing bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs and cheese and mix well. Set aside.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the chorizo mixture and sprinkle with the manchego panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 20 to 25 minutes until the tops are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving Calories 118Saturated Fat 2gSodium 146mgCarbohydrates 2gProtein 4g