Chimichurri Burger Bites
Chimichurri Burger Bites have chimichurri sauce in and on the burgers which are topped with melted provolone cheese and served on mini brioche and pretzel buns.
The sauce is in and on these burgers which are topped with melted provolone cheese and served on mini brioche and pretzel buns, They’re the perfect 2-biters.
Serve alongside French fries that are fun for entertaining, game watching or movie night.
What is chimichurri? Originating from Argentina, it’s traditionally a green sauce of fresh herbs, garlic and vinegar (with my own added touch of jalapeño) that is usually served on grilled meats.
These mini sliders really could not be easier, but for their size, they do pack a flavor punch! To impart more flavor into the meat itself, I mixed in some of the sauce so the flavors run through the burger bites for a dynamic taste sensation.
Chimichurri sauce is a delicious way to add so much flavor to dishes. Here are some other recipes where I use it:
If you’ve made this Italian Sausage Eggplant Rollatini or any other recipe leave a comment below. I love to hear from my readers.
- For the chimichurri:
- 1/2 cup (15 grams) fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (5 grams) fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic , * see note
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the burgers:
- 1 pound (453 grams) ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chimichurri sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese cut into 18 pieces
- 18 mini bite-size burger buns
- 3 large lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F/176 °C. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- To a blender add the parsley, cilantro, vinegar, garlic and jalapeño and blend. With the blender running, drizzle in the olive oil until combined. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl add the beef, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chimichurri sauce. Mix with your hands just until combined, don't over mix. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of meat and shape into patties, just slightly larger than the buns. ** see note.
- Arrange the patties onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Top the burgers with a slice of cheese and bake for additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Take a bun base, add a slice of lettuce, a burger and top with a little chimichurri sauce and top with the bun.
* I don't like to overpower the sauce with too much raw garlic, but if you like it more garlic-y, use 2 cloves
** The patties will shrink slightly when cooked
Serving Size2 burgers
Amount Per Serving Calories 112Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 27mgSodium 301mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 9g