As summer and grilling season draws to a close, I thought I would see it out in style with one of the best cuts of beef. Today also happens to be National Filet Mignon day, so there’s no better way to celebrate.
This fine cut of beef doesn’t need a lot of help in the flavor department. I didn’t over season, marinate or anything to take away from the great quality of the meat. There’s a couple of tips to make these steaks shine.
Firstly, leave them out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking. If the meat was cold it would tighten up from the temperature change, kind of like we would do. This you can do with all meat. Secondly, just a good coating of salt and freshly ground black pepper. My filets were a good 2 inches thick, so I gave them a good coating on each side, since theres a lot of meat to season.
If you’ve tried this Grilled Filet Mignon with Mint and Parsley or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 2- 6 ounce filet mignon
- 1 cup large mint leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the filets from the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill.
- Add mint and parsley, vinegar, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until the herbs are chopped. With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil until smooth.
- Season the filets liberally on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill the filets on high for about 5 minutes for medium rare, no touching or moving to get a good sear. Cook a little longer for medium. I don't recommend any longer. Flip the steak and repeat.
- Remove the filets from the grill and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Once they have rested, slice thin and spoon over the mint and parsley.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 486 Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 164mg Sodium: 303mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 2g Protein: 44g