Carrot Ginger Spiced Bread with Orange Glaze is perfect for using up leftover spring carrots and most of us have the spices already in our pantry. Moist, nutty with warming spices, this bread can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch or a summer afternoon treat with a refreshing iced coffee.
A slice of this deliciously spiced bread perfect quick morning bite, (tip: warm it in the toaster and spread on soft butter, yum!) this bread is like enjoying carrot cake for breakfast. The added glaze is the perfect complement to the bread that is so simple and so full of orange flavor from fresh orange zest.
For a step by step recipe, here’s a quick video of the recipe. Just press play!
Out of all the breads available, I would say banana bread is one of the nationwide popular ones and I have a good one that is really popular and is moist and nutted up with almonds (is nutted up a term)? It’s almond banana bread, you must give it a try.
This bread has a lovely ingredient added that brings and enhances the ginger flavor, candied ginger. It is chopped small, but the little chewy pieces are so good.
How to make Carrot Ginger Spiced Bread with Orange Glaze – Step by Step
When baking, the dry ingredients get mixed first. In this case, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and allspice.
To a separate bowl the wet ingredients, butter, sugar and eggs are mixed.
Is sugar considered a wet ingredient? Yes, sugar is considered a wet ingredient in baking because it dissolves into the wet liquids.
The dry ingredients are added to the wet in batches alternating with flour and milk until well combined.
The freshly grated carrots are added, mixed then nutty pecans and the wonderful ingredient of candied ginger.
This is mixed and poured into a buttered loaf pan and baked for 1 hour 10 minutes until golden and when a toothpick is inserted it comes out clean. This time can vary depending on the calibration of your oven. This is a good time to make the easy orange glaze and once the bread is cooled, just drizzle over and enjoy.
If you’ve tried this Carrot Ginger Spiced Bread with Orange Glaze or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAMand PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- For the bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, beaten
- 2 cups carrots , 3 medium peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon candied ginger, finely chopped
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- For the bread:
- Butter a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and allspice.
- To another bowl cream the butter and sugar, beat until combined. Beat the eggs into the butter and fold in the carrots
- Fold in 1/2 of the flour mix until combined, then fold in 1/2 of the milk then fold in the rest of the flour and finish with folding in the rest of the milk. Stir in the pecans and candied ginger.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan evenly and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes until browned and when an toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- For the glaze:
- While the bread is cooling, to a bowl, add the powdered sugar and orange zest. Whisk in the milk adding just enough to make the glaze the consistency of heavy whipping cream. Pourable, but thick.
- When the bread is cool, drizzle the top with the glaze.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 246 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 151mg Carbohydrates: 35g Protein: 3g