We have a very seasonal red and white theme today with a beautiful holiday dessert and a $25 Target gift card giveaway. Pomegranate panna cotta is an easy, yet striking dessert layered with orange infused panna cotta with a pomegranate juice topping.
Wow your holiday guests with this Christmas panna cotta (Italian for cooked cream). This dessert can be made a day ahead and can sit refrigerated until ready to serve.
This dessert gets it striking look by angling the glass and pouring in the cream mixture and allowing to set with the glass angled. Pomegranate juice with gelatin is then added on top of the set panna cotta, garnish with a couple of pomegranate seeds and that’s it.
Any type of glasses can be used, I used 4″ x 1 1/2″ shot glasses. You don’t have to angle them to let the panna cotta set, it will be just as pretty if you leave the glasses on a flat surface. I used my trusty milk jug to pour the cream mixture into the glasses which helps.
We could all use a little extra money in our pockets this time of the year for all the gifts we need to buy. We are giving away a $25 Target gift card.
Entering is easy using the Rafflecopter widget below, be patient it can take a second for it to load. Sign onto the widget using either your Facebook login or your name and email address (email address will not be published) and once you’ve completed the tasks, you will receive entries to the giveaway. The gift card will be emailed to the winner, so no waiting for the mail to arrive to start shopping!
Make sure you come back after the contest ends to check the winner displayed on the Rafflecopter widget below.
*The winner will be announced Saturday 13th December on the Rafflecopter widget above. Target gift card will be emailed to the winner, after the winner has confirmed by sending a return email within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen. Gift cards will only be sent to a confirmed email address. Open to U.S residents only, the gift card is only valid at target.com, it is not valid at target.com.au or any other country. This contest was funded by Culinary Ginger and not a sponsored event. Giveaway runs from Saturday 6th December 12:00am EST until Friday 12th December 12:00am EST.
Pomegranate panna cotta
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon fine bakers sugar
- ½ teaspoon good vanilla extract
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 1½ cups pomegranate juice
- 1 packet gelatine
- 2 teaspoons fine bakers sugar
- 1 pomegranate, seeds for garnish
- To a saucepan add the cream, orange juice and rind over medium heat.
- Add the sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Add the vanilla.
- To a small bowl, add the milk and sprinkle on the gelatin.
- Allow the gelatin to soften about 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk and gelatin into the cream until dissolved.
- Divide the mixture between glasses, tilted in a empty egg carton or muffin tin, refrigerate until set at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Meanwhile, add gelatin to pomegranate juice and allow to dissolve for 5 minutes in a measuring jug.
- Add to a saucepan with sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to cool slightly, pour back into measuring jug and pour over the set panna cotta.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.