Next week Culinary Ginger turns a whole 1 year old, where has the time gone? I can’t believe I have 184 published recipes. So to celebrate, starting this coming Monday 29th September, we will start our week long giveaway of a $25 gift certificate to the Rachael Ray store. Rachael has a whole line of kitchen equipment and cookbooks, as well as specialty items like her famous EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and other pantry items, so look out for that email on Monday along with the chicken piccata, my nod to Rachael Ray’s 30 minute meals.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 shallot sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- To a small saucepan, add the vegetable oil.
- Heat over medium heat until when you drop a small piece of shallot and if it sizzles, the oil is ready.
- Fry the shallots for about 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium low heat.
- Add the pecans and toast until golden, move them around a couple of times to get even toasting. Remove and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a sauté pan over low heat.
- Add the grated garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir.
- Cook the spinach until wilted.
- Add the salt and lemon juice and stir.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 247 Saturated Fat: 11g Sodium: 258mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 5g