Easy pear tart is a delicious and impressive dessert that is perfect for family dinners or a holiday dessert. Juicy sliced pears are fanned onto flaky pastry, baked until golden brown, then brushed with pear preserves for a delicious glossy sheen.
Free-form fruit tarts are quick and delicious use of seasonal fruit and because there’s fruit you can feel less guilty about eating dessert.This is a versatile dessert because I like to use same recipe and change it up between pear and apple. Today, it’s pear.
This a dessert that is light and not too heavy. Perfect after a big meal with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream and we all know the biggest meal of the year is Thanksgiving so why not serve this?, The tart serves 12 so if you’re cooking for a crowd, this is the dessert for you.
Easy Pear Tart
Juicy sliced pears are fanned onto flaky pastry, baked until golden brown, then brushed with pear preserves for a delicious glossy sheen.
: 139 kcal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 /2 sticks unsalted butter 6 ounces, cold, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 bosc or anjou pears
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons pear, apricot or peach jam
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- To a food processor add the flour, salt, sugar and butter. Pulse until butter is combined.
- With the processor running, drizzle in the cold water until it start so clump and come together.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and shape into a flattened ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to a 11 x 15 rectangle. Roll the pastry over the rolling in and transfer to the baking sheet. Refrigerate.
- Slice the pears lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange the pear slices on the pastry, brush pastry edges and pears with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with the sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the pastry is golden then remove from the oven.
- Heat the preserves in a microwave-safe dish for 20 seconds then brush all over the tart.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Easy Pear Tart
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 196mg 8%
Potassium 91mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 28g 9%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 2g 4%
Vitamin A 1.5%
Vitamin C 3.4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.