- 1 1/2 teaspoons shichimi togarashi
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil , * see note
- 2 cups edamame in the shell, if using frozen, thaw before cooking
- Mix the togarashi, salt and sesame seeds in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium high heat.
- Add the edamame and toss to coat with the oil.
- Spread then out in the pan into a single layer and allow to sit in the pan for 30 seconds so they can char, then toss until all edamame are evenly charred.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss while warm with the togarashi mix.
- Serve warm.
*Note: Peanut oil has a high smoking point so it's good for high temperature cooking, but you could also use vegetable oil
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 269mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 2g Protein: 11g