Cauliflower Crust Tomato Basil Pizza – Step by Step
Making the crust
If you’ve tried this Cauliflower Crust Tomato Basil Pizza or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAMand PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella, plus 3/4 cup for topping
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pizza sauce
- 3 medium tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add the florets to a food processor.
- Pulse until you get a fine powder.
- Transfer the cauliflower powder to a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes. *see note
- Lay a clean dish towel out on a flat surface, pour the cauliflower onto it and allow to cool to the touch.
- Wrap the cauliflower up in the towel and wring out as much liquid as you can.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and add the egg, salt, dried basil, 1/3 cup mozzarella, parmesan and goat cheeses. Mix well.
- Cover a baking sheet or pizza round with parchment paper.
- Turn out the cauliflower mixture onto the parchment paper.
- If you are making 2 individual pizzas use 2 sheets.
- Shape into your desired shape.
- Brush olive oil lightly over the dough and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite toppings.
- Return back to the oven and back for another 5-7 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
* If you do not have a microwave, you can spread the powdered cauliflower onto a baking sheet or ovenproof dish, cover with foil and bake at 300 for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 193 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 60mg Sodium: 380mg Carbohydrates: 5g Protein: 9g