Cadbury creme egg chocolate lava cakes are a chocolate lovers dream. Rich chocolate cake with a molten center of a cadbury cream egg. Your Easter dessert just took a left turn.
That left turn is a good, nay a GREAT thing. Because if you’re a fan of chocolate lava cakes, I took them up a level by adding an Easter twist on it and popped Cadbury creme egg in the center and baked them. That’s a warm molten creme egg! In the middle of a chocolate cake! I know! I’m excited too! (I’ll stop the exclamations).
When I got to the store to buy the creme eggs, to my delight I see they now have caramel eggs in addition to the regular eggs. Where have I been? I clearly need to get out more. I bought both because chocolate and caramel are my 2 favorite dessert items.
This could be your new family Easter dessert. With its impressive presentation, people will think they were made by a pastry chef.
- Non stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 8 tablespoons /1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 ounces 60% dark chocolate chopped
- 2 whole eggs room temperature
- 2 egg yolks room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 4 Creme eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray four 5 ounce ramekins with non-stick spray. Dust with cocoa powder and tap over the sink to discard any excess. Place them on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Fill a pan with water and heat until low simmer.
- Set a heatproof bowl on top of the pan (make sure bowl does not touch water)
- Add the butter and chocolate to the bowl and stir until melted, turn off the heat.
- To a mixing bowl or stand mixer add the eggs, egg yolks and sugar. Beat on low speed for 1 minute then faster speed for 2 minutes until pale and fluffed.
- Pour the melted butter and chocolate slowly into the egg mix while whisking.
- Add the flour and in small batches, whisking in-between additions, until well combined. Stir in the espresso powder.
- Fill the molds half full and place a creme egg in the center. Fill the molds so they mix covers the eggs.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes. Until the edges look cooked and the centers are sunken and look moist.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- To remove from the mold, turn onto a serving plate and serve immediately.