Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast Loaf is perfect for a savory breakfast on-the-go. The loaf has bacon and cheese along with hard boiled eggs cooked in the center for extra protein and presentation.
This is a great way to start the day with a filling breakfast. If you’re a savory breakfast lover like me (I do like pancakes and waffles on occasion) you are going to love this breakfast bread.
It’s breakfast in a loaf of bread
With a lot more going on that your average zucchini or banana bread, this Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast Loaf will keep you fuller longer because it is loaded with protein and of course with the great taste of bacon you can’t miss out.
Perfect for traveling
I bring slices of this loaf with me when I travel because I like to wake up and enjoy a slice with coffee in my room instead of having to rush out to breakfast or overpay for room service. I also send a slice to work with my husband with a fresh coffee and when he is traveling and has an early flight.
Great for back to school
While making this loaf, it came to mind that it is back to school time for a lot of us and you could make ahead for the week. If you’re running late as we tend to be until we get back into the routine, send a slice with the kids to eat on the way to school. If you want it warm, just put a slice in the toaster, it warms up beautifully and gets a little crust.
Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast Loaf – Step by Step
To a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt
To a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and oil.
In small batches, add the wet ingredient to the dry and stir until well mixed.
Stir in the chopped bacon.
Stir in the grated cheese.
Pour half of the mix to a buttered, parchment lined loaf pan. Place 3 hard boiled eggs down the center.
Pour the rest of the mix into the pan to cover the eggs. Smooth the top and baked for 50 minutes or until browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
The choice of cheese is up to you. Any of your favorite cheese that is or can be grated will work just as well. I specified vegetable oil, but any light, non-flavored oil can be used.
If you’ve tried this Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast Loaf or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 3 large eggs
- Butter , for greasing the loaf pan
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, whisked
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ounces cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- Add the 3 eggs to a saucepan and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the eggs to sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add the eggs to cold water. Tap them to crack the shells all over and peel under running water. Dry and set aside.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter. Line with a parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°F/175°F.
- To a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- To a separate bowl, add the whisked eggs and whisk in the milk and oil.
- Add a little of the wet ingredients to the dry and fold in. Add in batches until well mixed. Stir in the bacon and the cheese.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the loaf pan. Place the hard boiled eggs down the center of the pan and pour over the rest of the batter so the eggs are covered.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. All ovens are calibrated differently so time may vary.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, use the parchment paper to lift out the loaf and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 229 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 109mg Sodium: 304mg Carbohydrates: 15g Protein: 9g