For a step by step recipe video, just press play above
I have said time and time again about the natural healing and health benefits of spices and herbs. As you can tell, I like to make my own comforting teas to drink as in the recent recipe over the winter that I enjoyed for soothing therapeutic herbal tea. This tea is no different when it comes to the ingredients because each one serves a purpose.
Basil Ginger Lime Tea – Health Benefits
If you’ve tried this Pulled Pork Tamale recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 1/2 tablespoons ground cardamom
- 2 1/2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 cups water
- 16 basil leaves
- 6 limes, juiced
- To a large piece of cheese cloth, add the coriander, cardamom, black peppercorns and ginger. Wrap and tie tightly with string.
- To a medium saucepan add the water and bring to a boil, turn down to low simmer. Add the honey and stir until it is melted. Add the spices. Crush the basil with your hands to release its flavor and add to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the spice bag and basil and pour into a pitcher. Refrigerate until chilled.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice. Allow the tea to steep in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a pitcher and refrigerate to chill.
- Serve with sliced lime over ice.
This recipe yields 8 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63 Sodium: 16mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Protein: 1g