Balsamic, Rosemary Roasted Pork Tenderloin. Pork tenderloin is rubbed with balsamic glaze and rosemary, then roasted to perfection. An easy weeknight or Sunday night dinner.
This is my go-to, easy dinner that I can get at least 2 meals from 1 pork tenderloin for 2 people and it really couldn’t be easier, just serve with your favorite side dish or dishes.
You will love how easy this tenderloin recipe is and makes the best leftovers. Pork tenderloin is a very lean piece of meat and because of this, it’s very important to not overcook it or you will end up with chewy, leathery bites of meat. It is started stovetop in a cast iron skillet, then finished in the oven.
I buy my tenderloins from Trader Joe’s and they never let me down. The other main ingredient in preparing this is balsamic glaze. I like to make my own, but Trader Joe’s sell a delicious balsamic glaze that is made without sugar, which I like and I do keep a bottle in my pantry at all times because for when I don’t have time to make the glaze.
The tenderloin is coated in the balsamic glaze, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper then seared in the pan, then roasted. Extra balsamic glaze is drizzled over at the end, like a gravy.
You can find balsamic glaze in all groceries stores and it’s usually cheaper than the vinegar. Take some help from the store to save time reducing balsamic vinegar.
- 1 pork tenderloin, 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Let the pork tenderloin sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- To a non-stick skillet add the balsamic vinegar over medium heat, reduce heat until it simmers and reduces by half and gets syrupy. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Take 1/2 cup of balsamic glaze and rub all over the pork. Coat the pork evenly in the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Sear the pork on all sides.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and roast for 20 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145-155 F.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the rest of the balsamic glaze.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 440 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 196mg Sodium: 564mg Carbohydrates: 15g Protein: 62g