Baked Pears with Chevrot Goat Cheese, Honey & Pecans
Baked pears with Chevrot goat cheese, honey & pecans is a very easy, healthy snack. Pears are sliced thin, baked then topped with tangy goat cheese, honey, pecans and fresh rosemary. Impressive enough to serve for dinner parties and perfectly fitting for the holiday season.
This treat is perfect as a light snack or elegant enough to serve when entertaining and a wonder holiday appetizer. The addition of sweet honey and the nuttiness of toasted pecans along with the piney flavor of fresh rosemary, round out the flavors of this dish that all complement each other perfectly.
To pair with this delicious and strong flavored goat cheese, a sweet fruit is a must and since pear season will soon be upon us, pear was the natural choice.
Instead of using the pears raw, I roasted them for a few minutes to soften and bring out their natural sweetness. This is why I used Anjou pears which are the firm variety and can stand up to baking. This entire recipe takes around 10 minutes from start to finish.
If you’ve tried this Baked Pears with Chevrot Goat Cheese, Honey & Pecans or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how they turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 4 pears, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Goat cheese, sliced
- Good honey
- 1/4 cup (32 grams) toasted pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the pear slices evenly on the baking sheet. Brush with melted butter, then sprinkle evenly with the rosemary. Baked for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pears from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer the slices to a serving platter and top with slices of goat cheese, drizzle with honey and top with pecans.
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Saturated Fat 2gCholesterol 7mgSodium 27mgCarbohydrates 27gProtein 1g