Apple Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates are a sweet salty, crispy appetizer. Sweet honey crisp apples stuffed into in plump dates, all nicely wrapped in bacon.
Always a popular appetizer that’s a crowd pleaser because everything is better with bacon. Easy to make that can be prepared ahead of time and baked in the oven minutes before guests arrive. These are the plumpest and sweetest Medjool dates I have ever had.
To make the stuffing and wrapping go quickly and easily, I like to setup an assembly line. Starting from left to right, the pitted dates, the sliced apple, the bacon then the toothpicks (see picture below).
A baking rack in a baking sheet is the best way to cook them. This way they are not sitting in the bacon fat and the bacon will cook evenly and be crispy all around.
Once the dates are cooled, I like to remove the regular toothpicks and replace them with more decorative toothpicks for a prettier presentation and gives you a larger handle to hold.
It is very difficult to eat just one of these dates, so make sure you make a large batch.
I have also served these bacon wrapped dates drizzled with honey.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 20 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 medium sweet apple, peeled
- 10 slices bacon, cut in half
- 20 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add a rack to a baking sheet.
- Chop the apple into pieces that are as long as your dates.
- Add a piece of apple to the center of each date and close and press to seal.
- Wrap each date in a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. * see note
- Arrange the dates on the baking rack and bake for 35 minutes or until bacon is brown and crisp.
* If making ahead, prepare up to this step and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Serving Size 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 196Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 11mgSodium 194mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 4gSugar 34gProtein 5g