Warm Figs with Goat Cheese, Pistachios and Balsamic Glaze. A simple, but elegant appetizer of fresh figs that are cut open and filled with goat cheese and pistachios. They are baked until warm and come served drizzled with balsamic glaze.
I love figs and I’m so happy fig season is here! Are you as happy as I am? Maybe not quite as happy as I am but you will be when you see how easy this recipe is. Figs are so versatile because they can be made into a sweet or a savory dish.
They’re delicious to snack on, a great topping for flatbreads and make amazing desserts. For today’s recipe, I’m serving them as an appetizer of warm figs with goat cheese, pistachios and balsamic glaze. This tempting appetizer hits all the flavor notes.
As I mentioned above, this recipe is so easy to make and impressive enough to serve when entertaining or just something to nibble on with a nice glass of wine. Fresh, ripe figs are cut into an ‘X’. They are filled with tangy goat cheese, broiled, then topped with roasted pistachios and drizzled with a balsamic glaze. So what are you waiting for? Go and buy some figs and get figgy with it!
If you’ve tried these Warm Figs with Goat Cheese, Pistachios and Balsamic Glaze or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know they turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 12 ripe figs, washed
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, roasted, unsalted
- Position oven rack to the upper part of the oven, preheat broiler.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it simmers. Reduce heat to a low simmer for about 10-15 minutes until it starts to thicken. Turn off the heat, add to a small bowl to cool.
- Remove the stem of the figs,cut a deep 'X' on the top.
- Break the goat cheese into pieces and stuff into the figs.
- Broil the figs for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble and brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with pistachios and drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 120mg Carbohydrates: 41g Protein: 8g