This selection of tea sandwiches is comprised of dainty finger sandwiches that are the perfect complement to an elegant afternoon tea.
The tradition of afternoon tea has been enjoyed in Britain since 1840 and has become an increasingly popular event in recent years. Offered all over the world by hotels and finer restaurants, the afternoon this has become a favorite for baby showers and girlie get-togethers. Finger sandwiches, delectable desserts and, of course, tea, are the main and most important components to a complete afternoon tea.
While I was making these sandwiches, I thought it would be nice to have a little fun by mixing and matching the fillings as well as serving some open faced, which makes for a lovely presentation. In addition to a proper presentation and keeping with tradition, the crusts are removed to make the sandwiches easier to eat and make them delicate and ladylike.
Planning your own special afternoon tea is a pleasant event that you must partake in, if you’ve not already done so. If you have already taken part in this great British tradition, share with me where and when you’ve enjoyed your own afternoon tea!
- 8 slices 8 slices Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ Hearty White bread
- Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 12 slices Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 Radishes, thinly sliced
- Lay out the bread slices and spread all with the mayonnaise.
- Add 3 slices of ham to half of the bread slices.
- Add sliced cucumber on top of ham to half of the sandwiches and sliced radishes to the other half. Top all with microgreens.
- Add the tops to the sandwiches and cut off the crusts. Cut the sandwiches into triangles and/or rectangles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 52mg Sodium: 1244mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 22g