If you’re not a fan, or have never tried pâté, this recipe will make you a fan, because there’s bacon in it. This rosemary chicken pâté is smooth, creamy and very tasty.
This rosemary Chicken Pâté with Bacon really is so easy to make. This was my first time making pâté and found it to be very straight-forward.
Bacon, rosemary and wine are the flavors that really take this pâté to the next level.
The livers are cooked in the bacon fat (nothing wrong with that), onion, garlic, sage and rosemary are added then cooled. The pan is deglazed with wine and everything gets blended until smooth. That’s it! How easy was that?
If you’ve tried this Rosemary Chicken Pâté with Bacon or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 1 pound chicken livers, trimmed of stringy tissue
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- Rinse the chicken livers under cool running water, drain and dry on a paper towel.
- In a sauté pan cook the bacon until crispy, drain on a paper towel and save the bacon fat in the pan.
- Season the livers with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken livers to the bacon fat and cook over medium-high heat.
- Cook the livers for about 5 minutes or until they are brown and no longer red.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the onion, garlic, sage and rosemary cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan into a sieve over a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Add red wine to the pan and stir well, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer the wine over low heat until it is reduced by 1/2.
- Add the cold livers to a food processor along with the reduced wine and cream cheese.
- Pulse until smooth and check for seasoning.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 281mg Sodium: 148mg Carbohydrates: 2g Protein: 14g