Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberry Glaze
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberry Glaze. Simple roasted Brussels sprouts are taken to another flavor level with a cranberry glaze that’s a little bit tart, a little bit sweet along with cinnamon and nutmeg, brings all the flavors of fall.
Never eat boiled brussels sprouts again! Roasting them with olive oil, salt and pepper brings out a toasty, sweetness to this once feared vegetable. And I can’t even talk about the crispy leaves. The glaze is added while roasting that slightly caramelizes.
It may seem unusual, but there is soy sauce in this glaze. Soy sauce is a great way to add salt with that ‘umami’ rich flavor. It does not taste like an Asian sauce, it has all the holiday flavors and you don’t even notice the soy sauce.
If you use low sodium soy sauce, you can add salt to taste otherwise, you may not need it. Just adjust according to your taste.
A perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Sunday dinner or anytime you cook a roast chicken, beef, pork, or lamb.
As a child I was never a lover of Brussels sprouts. No matter how hard she tried, my mother could never get me to eat, well, not just Brussels sprouts but any type of vegetable. That’s not that unusual for a any child, I suppose. But now that I’m an adult and I discovered roasting them, they are now my favorite seasonal vegetable. It’s amazing how that worked out.
Even when there is no holiday, I like to serve this Brussels sprouts recipe alongside my easy Sage Rubbed Pork Tenderloin. Check out the recipes below for roast turkey and herb roasted beef tenderloin.
If you’ve tried this Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberry Glaze or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, rinsed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Small pinch ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Small pinch ground cinnamon
- Small pinch ground nutmeg
- Small pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to a mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Arrange the Brussels onto a large baking sheet in an even layer, cut-side down. Roast for 20 minutes.
- While they roast, to a saucepan add ¼ cup cranberry juice, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Bring to a simmer.
- To a small mixing bowl add the corn starch and mix in the 1/2 teaspoon cranberry juice until dissolved. Whisk into the glaze and simmer until thickened.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven and brush with the glaze. Return back to the oven for 10-15 more minutes until they are tender.
- Remove from the oven transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle with more glaze.
Serving Size4 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 244Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 0mgSodium 519mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 11gProtein 4g