Ricotta crostini with mango purée and mint is a lovely, light summer appetizer that is made with homemade ricotta. Mango purée adds a little fresh sweetness along with fresh mint for a must-try recipe.
Summer is all about entertaining and get togethers with friends and family. Whenever I’m invited over to a friends house for drinks, I usually the designated appetizer maker (I do cook for a living so I consider it an honor since most of my friends don’t cook). Because of this, I need an appetizer that travels well.
Sipping a great wine with friends can only be made better when paired with complementing food. While I’m enjoying my wine I like to eat nibble/appetizer food and the best pairing for Black Box Chardonnay is ricotta crostini drizzled with mango purée and garnished with fresh mint.
This recipe really could not be any easier. Fresh lemon zest is mixed into fresh ricotta cheese, then spread onto toasted slices of French bread, drizzled with mango purée and topped with chopped fresh mint . Creamy ricotta makes the fruit flavors in the wine shine through and the mango purée accentuates the mango flavors in the wine.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup mango cubes
- 1 French baguette, cut into 8 1/2 inch thick slices
- 4 mint leaves, cut into thin strips
- Add the ricotta cheese to a small mixing bowl and mix in the lemon zest. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- Add the mango to a blender with 1/2 tablespoon water and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread the bread slices onto a baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown (keep an eye on them).
- Spread the ricotta on each of the bread slices. Drizzle with the mango purée and mint strips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 201mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 10g