This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerToGo #CollectiveBias
The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
I love a nice chilled California Chardonnay. Black Box wines Chardonnay has fresh citrus aromas with flavors of fruit like pineapple and mango. These flavors make for a perfect pairing with ricotta crostini drizzled with mango purée and mint and both are perfect to help celebrate Summer on-the-go.
Summer is all about entertaining and get togethers with friends and family. Whenever I’m invited over to a friends house for drinks, I usually the designated appetizer maker (I do cook for a living so I consider it an honor since most of my friends don’t cook). Because of this, I need an appetizer that travels well and now, I have a wine that is perfect on-the-go. A great feature of Black Box wine is that since each box contains about 4 bottles, so chances are there will be wine leftover, I can just seal it up and bring it back home with me. No corks to try and jam into a bottle.
Yes, there have been jokes flying around for years about box wines, but let me tell you, Black Box Wine have won over 50 gold medals for it’s quality, it’s available for 40% less than comparable bottled wines and stays fresh for up to 6 weeks. I think those jokes can now be put to rest.
Sipping a great wine with friends can only be made better when paired with complementing food. While I’m enjoying my wine I like to eat nibble/appetizer food and the best pairing for Black Box Chardonnay is ricotta crostini drizzled with mango purée and garnished with fresh mint.
This recipe really could not be any easier. Fresh lemon zest is mixed into fresh ricotta cheese, then spread onto toasted slices of French bread, drizzled with mango purée and topped with chopped fresh mint . Creamy ricotta makes the fruit flavors in the wine shine through and the mango purée accentuates the mango flavors in the wine.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup mango cubes
- 1 French baguette cut into 8 1/2 inch thick slices
- 4 mint leaves cut into thin strips
- Add the ricotta cheese to a small mixing bowl and mix in the lemon zest. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- Add the mango to a blender with 1/2 tablespoon water and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread the bread slices onto a baking sheet.
- Broil for 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown (keep an eye on them).
- Spread the ricotta on each of the bread slices.
- Drizzle with the mango purée and mint strips.