I came across these very cool round ice cube molds on Amazon and thought it would be a fun idea to make a patriotic layered, colored ice cube.
red = strawberry juice
white = coconut water
blue = blue dyed coconut water
For the strawberry juice, I just pureed defrosted frozen strawberries in a blender with a little coconut water until it became nice and thin.
- Coconut water
- Strawberry juice
- Natural blue food coloring
- Add coconut water to a jug with a spout and add 2 dashes of blue food coloring, mix.
- Pour the blue coconut water into an ice cube mold of your choice, 1/3 full.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
- When the blue water is frozen. pour cold clear coconut water into the ice cube mold, 2/3 full and freeze for 4 hours.
- When the clear coconut water is frozen, top off the final 1/3 of the ice cube mold with the strawberry juice, freeze for 4 hours.
Affiliate links are included and if you decide to make a purchase through my link, I may be paid a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
To learn more about how our affiliate program works click here.