This post is sponsored by Sea Cuisine. All opinions are my own.
Mango habanero tilapia tacos with cilantro lime slaw are tacos with a lot of flavor. Fast and easy to make, delicious mango habanero tilapia filets are cooked from frozen in 15-20 minutes, then topped with a creamy and flavorful slaw.
There’s not much I love more than taco Tuesday and it happens every week (more if I can help it) in our house and this is all year round. While everyone is breaking out their slow cookers for warming comfort food, that fish taco craving is always there and these tacos can warm you up too. They are the perfect light lunch or dinner.
I’ve teamed up again with Sea Cuisine to showcase another of their amazing frozen seafoods, today it’s mango habanero tilapia that was just begging to be made into these mango habanero tilapia tacos tacos. To complement the spice of the habanero and the sweetness of the mango I made a really easy cilantro lime slaw.
The creamy slaw dressing is an easy, sour cream based sauce that leaves a lingering, creaminess on the tongue that is perfect with the sweet and tangy tilapia. I added a little jalapeño to the slaw to give it a little kick and what you have are fresh and very flavorful tacos that are on the table in under 30 minutes. Don’t skip making the slaw. It’s the perfect creamy, crunch with the flavor delicious tilapia. I mean what else would you top the tacos with? Trust me, you’ll realize there is nothing else that could possibly work.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Small pinch ground black pepper
- 5 ounces green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To a bowl and the sour cream, vinegar, lime zest & juice, oregano, agave, salt & pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Mix the cabbage, carrot, cilantro and jalapeno in a bowl. Pour over the dressing and mix well.
- Place the tilapia on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the tilapia between the corn tortillas and top with the slaw.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 77 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 315mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 1g