This post has been sponsored by Sea Cuisine®. All opinions are my own.
Lemon pepper scallops with sautéed squash is a fast and easy dinner. With the help from Sea Cuisine®, the scallops are from my freezer and cook right from frozen. While the scallops bake in the oven, the squash is prepared stove top.
Their collection of frozen seafood has everything from delicious upscale salmon, to the pub classics like the beer battered cod I made. They are so convenient for those busy weeknights when you just don’t have time to stop for fresh fish, it’s right there in your freezer already seasoned for you.
With the cooler weather, it’s easy to eat heavy foods like meatloaf and mashed potatoes, but it’s also good for us to mix-it-up with some light fare. These lemon pepper scallops are perfect for that and they are ready in 9-12 minutes!
I shopped in my own fridge for a side dish and saw that I had some perfect seasonal zucchini and butternut squash, which I thought would be so colorful on the plate. The zucchini is sliced into ribbons, again for a nice presentation and the butternut squash cut into small matchsticks so they cook at the same rate as the thin zucchini and give a splash of orange on the plate. They are cooked for a few minutes in butter with salt and pepper, then finished with chopped chives and fresh basil. Scallops are light in texture and flavor and these lemon pepper scallops are so lovely and lemony, which complements the basil on the squash.
Now wasn’t that really easy? You find the whole range of Sea Cuisine® products on their website here > click here. There is also a handy store locator at the top of the page so you can find Sea Cuisine® products in a store near you.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium zucchini slices lengthways using a potato peeler
- 1/4 cup butternut squash, finely chopped into matchsticks
- Small pinch of salt
- Small pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 package Sea Cuisine lemon pepper scallops
- Cook the scallops according to package directions.
- While the scallops cook, add the butter to a saute pan over medium low heat. When melted add the zucchini and butternut squash. Toss in the butter and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, chives and fresh basil and toss to combine. Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 148 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 1mg Carbohydrates: 2g