Italian Spiced Deviled Eggs are an Italian twist on a classic dish. Mascarpone, Italian spices and fresh basil take these deviled eggs from tasting good to tasting great! Everyones favorite party appetizer, deviled eggs are so versatile because you can pretty much mix up any flavor combination of filling you can think of.
Good old deviled eggs, the first thing to go on an appetizer table because they are so popular. What makes them so good is, you can customize them with just about any flavors. Check out my Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs (< click text for link) they’re delicious for breakfast and brunch.
Getting the yolk back into to egg whites can be a messy job. My preferred method is piping with a star nozzle (for presentation purposes). For an easy hack, you can use something that you have right in your kitchen, ziptop bag. Fill the bag with the filling, snip off a corn and pipe the filling into the egg white halves.
Upon writing this recipe, I realized a deviled egg recipe is long overdue and I felt important to bring you a recipe with the utmost flavor. The deviled eggs are extra creamy by using a combination of mascarpone and mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and fresh basil brings an extra pop of freshness. All of these ingredients make for a wonderful depth of flavor.
Serve these deviled eggs when you’re next entertaining, or serve for Easter brunch or dinner. You can make them ahead, and serve when you need them.
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons mascarpone cheese
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Salt to taste
- Add the eggs to a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil then immediately turn off the heat. Cover and allow the eggs to sit in the water for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, empty the hot water and add cool tap water to cover the eggs. As soon as you can handle them, peel the eggs as the shells will come off easier when warm.
- Once the eggs are peeled, cut them in half. Remove the yolks and add them to a bowl, set the whites aside.
- Mash the yolks well and stir in the mascarpone, mustard, mayonnaise and spices until the mix is smooth. Taste and adjust salt to taste.
- Add the yolk mix to a ziptop bag and snip a corner off. Pipe the filling inot each egg white half until all the filling is used.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
Serving Size:1 egg
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 193mg Sodium: 149mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 7g