This post is sponsored by Spark Naturals. All opinions are my own.
Italian Spiced Deviled Eggs are an Italian twist on a classic dish. Mascarpone, fresh basil and a very special Italian spice blend take these deviled eggs from tasting good to tasting great! Everyones favorite party appetizer, deviled eggs are so versatile because you can pretty much mix up any flavor combination of filling you can think of.
These Italian spiced deviled eggs have a very special ingredient added, essential oil infused Italian spice blend. Intriguing, right?
When I was contacted by Spark Naturals to sample their spice blends, I immediately said yes. From a Mexican blend, to all-purpose to a bakers blend, Spark Naturals sent me a large selection of their lovely fragrant spices. With Easter approaching, I was inspired by the Italian blend to make up these delicious deviled eggs. I just want to point out, these deviled eggs are not spicy, just spiced using Spark Naturals Italian blend that includes basil, marjoram, oregano and infused with thyme and rosemary essential oils.
Spark Naturals pride themselves on quality sourcing of their products and the essential oils are tested, pure oils. What you get from Spark Naturals are pure essential oils and natural products at an affordable cost all to improve the health and wellbeing of those who use them. You can be sure I will be cooking my way through these spices and they have a customer in me for life.
These range of spices are blended with organic herbs and infused with essential oils for an aromatic journey that can add so much flavor to any recipe. Good news! You can buy all these spices as well as many other products from their shopping website > shop now.
Upon writing this recipe, I realized a deviled egg recipe is long overdue and I felt important to bring you a recipe with the utmost flavor. The deviled eggs are extra creamy by using a combination of mascarpone and mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and fresh basil brings an extra pop of freshness. All of these ingredients make for a wonderful depth of flavor.
Serve these deviled eggs when you’re next entertaining, or serve for Easter brunch or dinner. You can make them ahead, and serve when you need them.
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons mascarpone cheese
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Spark Naturals Italian spiced blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- Add the eggs to a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil then immediately turn off the heat. Cover and allow the eggs to sit in the water for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, empty the hot water and add cool tap water to cover the eggs. As soon as you can handle them, peel the eggs as the shells will come off easier when warm.
- Once the eggs are peeled, cut them in half. Remove the yolks and add them to a bowl, set the whites aside.
- Mash the yolks well and stir in the mascarpone, mustard, mayonnaise and Italian spice until the mix is smooth. Taste, add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the yolk mix to a ziptop bag and snip a corner off. Pipe the filling inot each egg white half until all the filling is used.
- Garnish with ½ teaspoon basil.
Serving Size:1 egg
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 101 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 193mg Sodium: 149mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 7g