As summer draws to a close, I’m still enjoying heirloom tomato season and this is my favorite way to enjoy them; with burrata and my homemade basil dressing.
Heirloom tomato burrata salad with basil dressing
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 ball of burrata cheese
- Add all the ingredients to a blender except the olive oil.
- While the blender is running, drizzle in the olive oil until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve over the heirloom tomatoes and burrata cheese or salad of your choice.