This recipe is brought to you with the help of Colman’s Mustard, all opinions are my own #hotmessaround
Grilled Peach Mustard Sauce Burger is a juicy, beefy, simply grilled burger topped with a sweet, smoky grilled peach sauce with a little mustard punch which is the star of this delicious burger ensemble.
The sun is still shining, it’s still hot, yet schools are back in session. This is not a fun juxtaposition. But don’t fret, summer is not over yet! Not officially until 22ndSeptember and we’re not ready to turn off the grill.
I bet your kids would love to have this burger when they get home from school, right? Maybe you’re still on summer vacation (lucky you). Whatever you’re up to as summer comes to a close, you need to fit these burgers into your activities.
You may never have thought of pairing fresh peaches with mustard. Well, I’m about to blow your mustard-loving mind, because I didn’t think of it either until I was asked to come up with an end of summer grilling recipe using Colman’s Dry Mustard.
I always have a container of Colman’s Dry Mustard in my spice cabinet because it is one of my favorite ways to add a little kick to recipes like sauces, marinades and spice rubs. What kind of kick? Not a spicy kick, but a subtle, back of the tongue, almost gentle spice feel that makes you realize why you love mustard.
Burger toppings are a personal preference
I am of the belief that you should build a burger the way you want to enjoy it. If you want to add cheese to this burger, add your favorite cheese to the burger and melt it while it cooks on the grill. You can really add any toppings you choose, but don’t skip this sauce. The sauce really does make this burger, trust me!
This recipe yields 2 cups of grilled peach mustard sauce so there’s plenty to go around. But what about the leftover sauce? Use it for dipping your fries and onion rings into. Please tell me you’re having fries and onion rings with your burger?
Grilled Peach Mustard Sauce Burger – Step by Step
Grill the peach halves for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Wrap the garlic cloves in foil with vegetable oil and add to the grill for 5 minutes.
Add the peaches to a bowl and cover to cool. This will help loosen the skin and make them easier to peel.
Once cooled and peeled, add the peaches to a food processor or blender along with the garlic, Colman’s Dry Mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, ketchup and salt. Blend until smooth.
Add the ground beef to a bowl along with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Divide the beef into 4, 6 ounce patties.
Grill the patties 3 minutes per side for medium.
Build your burgers. To the bottom of a bun, add lettuce, top with a burger, a generous spoonful of peach mustard sauce, top with a slice of tomato, red onion and the top of the bun.
Ibotta is free shopping app that allows you to save money with offers. Check out the Colman’s Mustard savings currently on offer, click here > Ibotta.
If you’ve tried this Grilled Peach Mustard Sauce Burger or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see daily recipe updates.
- 3 large peaches, cut in half, pits removed
- 2 garlic cloves,, peeled
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Colman's Dry Mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 80/20
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Once the grill is hot, add the peaches flesh side down, grill for 4 to 5 minutes each side.
- Make a pouch with foil. Add the garlic cloves and coat with vegetable oil. Wrap tightly and add to the grill for 5 minutes, remove and keep wrapped in the foil until cool.
- Remove the peaches from the grill, add to a bowl, cover and allow to cool. This will also help loosen the skin.
- Once the peaches are cool, peel and add to a blender or food processor with the garlic, dry mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, ketchup and salt. Blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
- To a bowl add the ground beef, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix well.
- Divide the beef into 4 equal portions (6 ounces/170 g each) and shape into burger patties. Allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Add the burgers to a very hot grill. Cook for 3 minutes on the first side until slightly charred. Turn and cook for 3 more minutes for medium doneness. Cook longer for well-done.
- To your favorite burger bun add a lettuce leaf to the bottom half, top with a burger, spread a generous spoonful of peach mustard sauce, top with a slice of tomato and red onion. Add the top of the bun.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 515 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 120mg Sodium: 1166mg Carbohydrates: 18g Protein: 30g