Gazpacho is a tomato based soup served cold with flavors of cucumber, celery and red bell pepper with a little kick from red onion. Typically, the soup is served slightly chunky, but that obviously doesn’t work for a cocktail. With the fresh flavor from the cucumber, this is a lovely summer drink that would be perfect for brunch or a sunset cocktail party.
There’s not too many savory cocktails out there, most of them are sweet and sometimes too sweet for me. Well, I’m ready to change that, so I introduce to you the gazpacho cocktail.
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 sticks celery
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 ounces vodka
- Juice the cucumber, red bell pepper, tomato, onion and celery in a juicer.
- Pour into a pitcher and add the tomato juice, red wine vinegar and vodka. Stir.
- Serve over ice or shake with a martini shaker and serve in a short glass.
- Garnish with thin sliced cucumber.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 135 Sodium: 15mg Carbohydrates: 8g Protein: 1g