Fresh herbs add great flavor
Earlier this week I made tilapia burgers and I wanted a fresh tasting condiment to accent the flavors that are in the burger, so that’s how this cilantro mint mayonnaise was born.
Once you make your own mayonnaise, you’ll never go back to buying it already made. Not only do you have the cost savings, but you can customize the mayonnaise and add just about any flavor you want. I like to make a big batch of this mayonnaise without the cilantro and mint and that way I always have it on hand and I have a base for any flavors I want to add.
If you’ve tried this Cilantro Mint Mayonnaise or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love to hear from my readers!
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, about 1 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, agave nectar, salt, pepper into a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- With the blender or food processor running drizzle in the vegetable oil and olive oil.
- Add the cilantro and mint and process until they are finely chopped.
- Transfer to a container with a lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 322 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 97mg Sodium: 296mg Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 1g