Seasoned with chili powder and brown sugar bacon, wrapped around chicken. I don’t know what to say about how good these are, but ‘it’s bacon me crazy!’
Bacon wrapped chicken skewers are an easy, but very flavorful appetizer or part of a main meal, because everything is better with bacon.
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Coast rack with cooking spray.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Cut bacon strips into thirds, wrap each piece around a chicken cube, and slide several onto each skewer.
- Mix brown sugar and chili powder in a shallow bowl.
- Coat wrapped chicken pieces in brown sugar mixture and arrange skewers on prepared rack.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until bacon is crisp.