Lemon parmesan crusted salmon is a beautiful dish and gourmet enough to serve for fine dining evening at home or special event like an intimate dinner for someone special.
Salmon is always a dish I like to serve when I’m entertaining and want to cook something a little special. This salmon dish has a delicious crispy lemon parmesan topping made from panko breadcrumbs. With the addition of fresh dill which pairs beautifully with salmon.
The topping is prepared in 2 stages:
- Mix the panko, lemon zest, parmesan cheese, dill, salt, pepper and a mix of butter and olive oil.
- Dijon mustard is spread onto the top of the salmon, along with salt and pepper. The breaded topping is then added and the dijon acts like a delicious ‘glue’ to hold it all in place.
I’ve also created a video tutorial so you can see the recipe being made. Just press play!
- Four 6 ounce salmon filets
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 + 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 + 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Line the salmon filets up on a cutting board.
Brush the tops with a thick layer of dijon mustard and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 of the lemon zest.
To a mixing bowl add the panko, lemon zest, parmesan,dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
To a small bowl mix the melted butter and olive oil. Stir into the breadcrumbs.
Add the breading in a thick layer to each of the filets, pressing into the mustard.
Add the vegetable oil to an ovenproof heavy griddle pan or skillet over medium heat.
When the oil is slightly rippling add the salmon filets, skin-side down and cook for 3 minutes.
Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 8 minutes until the breading is golden brown.
More seafood recipes: