Earlier this week I made tilapia burgers and I wanted a fresh tasting condiment to accent the flavors that are in the burger, so that’s how this cilantro mint mayonnaise was born.
Once you make your own mayonnaise, you’ll never go back to buying it already made. Not only do you have the cost savings, but you can customize the mayonnaise and add just about any flavor you want. I like to make a big batch of this mayonnaise without the cilantro and mint and that way I always have it on hand and I have a base for any flavors I want to add.
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- ½ teaspoon agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, agave nectar, salt, pepper into a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- With the food processor running drizzle in the vegetable oil and olive oil.
- Add the cilantro and mint and process until they are finely chopped.
- Transfer to a container with a lid and refrigerate until ready to use.