Culinary Ginger teamed up with other nutty food bloggers to celebrate this nutty day. So head over and visit all those nutty people and see what nutty creations they have made:
- How to Toast your Nuts by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Flourless Peanut Butter Walnut Brownie Cookies by It’s Yummi
- Nutty Chocolate Chip Brownies by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Salted Caramel Peanut Pie by Hungry Couple
- Pistachio Cream Cheese French Toast by Baking in a Tornado
- Dark Chocolate Chip + Hazelnut Cookies by Spiced
- Peanut Butter Martini Mousse by Cooking in Stilettos
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Bourbon Pecan Pie for One by The Spiffy Cookie
- Herb Roasted Cashews by Noshing with the Nolands
So, back to my nutty creation. Truffles are a decadent, rich ganache-based confection which can be coated in just about anything from cocoa powder, to coconut, to more and more chocolate.
I also chose to do a mix of dark chocolate and white chocolate, because I like the combination of cashew with the dark chocolate and pistachio with the white chocolate. This combination also look elegant and can make lovely gifts for the chocolate lover in your life . They also look like they took hours to make, but they can be made so easily and pretty quickly.
The part of this recipe that takes the most time is shelling the pistachios. I don’t recommend buying them already shelled because you’re paying for someone else to shell them and it only takes a few minutes then it’s just a matter of crushing them. I would say that no nuts were hurt in the making of this recipe, but I pummeled them pretty well to get them crushed to the right size, so I can’t say that. In fact, no nuts were safe that day, even my husband ran out of the kitchen.